> About Us
In 1990, the Government of Pakistan reopened the life insurance business to the private sector organisations and EFU Life Assurance Ltd started operations in November 1992 as the first private sector life insurance company. In early 1993, EFU Life commenced its Group life insurance business and by March 1994, the company began writing its individual life business.
Pioneers and industry leader in the Life Insurance Sector, EFU Life’s major developments during the years are;.
- Strongest Financial base in the private sector
- Highest paid up capital of Rs. 1 Billion
- One of the leading Asset Managers in Pakistan
- Diversified Portfolio offering Best Value Products
- Launched the First Window Family Takaful Operations under the brand name ‘Hemayah’
- Launched the First Mobile app – EFU Life PlanIT
- The largest salesforce in the private life insurance sector
- Introduced MPOS System to facilitate online payments.
- State of the art customer service
- Prompt claim settlement
- First life insurance company in Pakistan to be ISO certified. Currently, the Company is ISO 9001:2015 certified
- “Insurer Financial Strength” rating of AA+, Outlook: Stable, by JCR-VIS, an affiliate of Japan Credit Rating agency
EFU Life’s products are designed to meet the varying needs of EFU Life’s clients and offer the best in financial services.
EFU Life is the pioneer in introducing the following products and features in Pakistan
- Unit-linked products
- Critical Illness Products
- Education Planning Product
- Inflation Protection Benefit
- Pension Plans